CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Birth of the Blog


Well, here goes nothing. I never imagined myself as a "blogger", yet here I am writing my first post. Who'da thunk, huh? Anyways, I decided to start this blog in order to work on my writing skills as well as a way to keep in touch with the fam. I guess I should start from the beginning. I am currently a 6th year (yes, 6th year) graduate student at the University of Miami in the department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology. (I know it sounds like a big deal, but it isn't...it's just what I do.) I conduct prostate cancer research and I am hoping to done with my degree sometime in the near future. Additionally, I have recently started to explore new avenues of leisure time activities including drawing, writing and crocheting ( yes, crocheting!). I will definitely be posting some of my "Adventures in Drawing" works and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Above is my first masterpiece in charcoal (whatcha think??) From time to time, I may also include some writing and , again, feedback is welcome. For the family, I will include weekly pics of Dad and me (and probably a pic of what we make for dinner just to make your mouth water...ha ha ha). Well, I hope you all enjoy my rantings ...if nothing else, I hope I can make you laugh from time to time. Check back soon for the next Adventure of JNBoogie....

6 comments:

Mary S. said...

Yeah! I'm so happy you're in blogland! I never thought I would do a blog either but it is a great way to stay in touch with everyone.

silvermommy said...

Hi Joanne

I can't believe that we haven't started a family blog before this with all of us online! It was great seeing you and Dad last week - a few days is just a tease, but I don't know if I could survive a week with Dad cooking al of my ... er ... Abbie's favorite meals!

Talk to you soon, Love ya!

Katie said...

Hi Joanne,

I will be checking in on your blog! Nice to see you out here!

Mary S. said...

You've been tagged. Read my blog to find out what to do!

Kelli said...

Hi Joanne!
Good to hear from you, great to see you!
Welcome to Blogland!!!

Kelli said...

Are you related to Mike Boogie from BB?

heehee