CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Sunday dinner



Yesterday I made my weekly journey up to Dad's house in West Palm Beach. He was in great spirits. As usual, I was exhausted and took a nap for an hour or so. He made a great pot roast for dinner. The meat melted in your mouth while the red potatoes were sooooo creamy and the carrots were...well, carrotty (lol)....of course I went home with leftovers as well as some watermelon. Oh yeah, he made a banana cream pie for desert....he even added real bananas to the banana pudding....too bad it ended up being more like banana soup pie.....for some reason, the pudding didn't set right...Dad said he was going to throw it out because it looked so bad...but when I mentioned that it still tasted good, he was quick to respond, "you're right!". Like food looking not so pretty ever stopped him from eating it. He was supposed to bring some of it to the priest at church but Dad decided it didn't look good enough for that. Poor Dad will just have to eat it all himself. I am pretty sure he already had a piece for breakfast this morning (I know him well). Anyways, I added a pic of dinner but, in hindsight, I should have gotten a picture of the pie. That would have been funny....after he cut 2 pieces out of the pie, the entire insides slid over and covered the whole pie tin....I think adding the bananas was the cause of the banana pudding avalanche....oh well, it really did taste good....

2 comments:

Mary S. said...

OOH, that looks yummy! I've been craving "real" food since we have been BBQing lately. I made chicken pot pie in the heat yesterday just to not eat hot dogs and hamburgers again.

silvermommy said...

Funny - I just asked Greg tonight if he wanted a pot roast before I left on my big adventure - instead he asked for American Chop Suey - close, but not the same ... Dad must be out of sorts with the pie making - the hazelnut one he made when we were there wasn't his best effort either - oh well , glad you got to see him - a picture of the two of you would be nice (hint hint!)

Love ya!