CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bad Blogger

Ok, so I am a really bad blogger.....it's obviously been some time since I have posted...please forgive me....I will try to do better....anyways, here's the latest in my life.

I recently decided to leave school and take my master's degree instead of staying for a few more years ( 7 years in graduate school is enough for me)...time to move onto real life ( I can't stay a student forever--and I no longer want to.) I am in the process of writing my thesis and plan on graduating in Dec...hooray for me....accordingly, I have been on the job hunt...oh yeah fun, fun, fun...I have been applying for several types of jobs...science teacher, scientist, science writer...I got my first interview on thursday...it's a medical writer/editor job for a company that writes continuing education programs for physicians and nurses....the interview went great and I has to do a 2 hour skills test...i had to write an article on a topic of their choice, create a powerpoint presentation for the article and edit a 3 page document...i wasn't very confident about my skills test...however, I received an email on friday asking me to come in for a 2nd interview with president of the company...the company is run by a woman and the office consists of only 1 male...poor basterd...I am hoping being a woman gives me an edge..never thought that would be the case in the job place...

The family is all doing well....I still go visit my dad every sunday..we cook together...home cooked food (((mmmm) and of course, I get to do my laundry (for FREE!!!!)...my nephew nicholas recently had gastric bypass surgery..at his highest weight he was about 450 lbs...at 24 being that big really sux ( and I freak out about having to lose 20lbs)...anyways, a year later he is down to 240 lbs..and looks great...he recently visited and he looks awesome...he will soon have surgery to remove his excess skin and that will result in about a 25-30 additional weight losss....awsomer...I am so happy for him...he owns a tanning salon in danvers and his business is doing phenomenal....everyone else inthe family is status quo....

I am so excited to start the new year in a new phase of my life...I can't wait to be more settled and to be able to have more balance in my life....being a grad student requires all of your time..I hope to be able to get out and exercise more, blog more, draw more....but I suspect I will stay as lazy as ever...we will see..anyways, that's all I have for now...

Happy Birthday Mary.......P.S.. cchecked out your blog this morning and I think you still look the same as when you were in high school...you and billy both look good....

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Yay! You're back! I was starting to worry about you being snatched by men w/ those white jackets!
Great about your nephew that he took the weight off and is healthier. What a blast from the past. I remember the name, he must have been a baby back then.
You look amazing! What's going on in your personal life, LOVE life?!?! All school/work, no play???

Mary S. said...

Yeah, you're back. I was getting worried too!
Thanks for the bday wishes, I hardly look like I did in high school. Scarily, Kelsey is a junior in HS.
Sounds great that you are starting your career!It's time. I don't know how you've handled school all this time.
Amazing about Nicolas! I still remember him about 6 or 7ish.
Keep blogging!