CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Well, here's the latest news from MIA....I actually got the job as a medical writer/editor..I am so psyched...especially since it was the first and only job i interviewed for...sadly, after sending out about 3o resumes, I only got 1 interview..luckily, it resulted in a job..woo hoo for me...I start on Dec 1...I am trying to finish writing my masters thesis by that time...I am getting excited about the holiday season coming up..although I don't know why because they ain't like they used to be..no big family dinners..no presents....no christmas lights (at least not at my house) and my dad does minimal decorations with the piece de resistance ..a ceramic xmas tree..lol...oh well, it marks the coming of the new year and I am excited about starting on a new chapter in my life...I will have thanksgiving dinner with Dad..we will either go out for prime rib or stay home and have a boiled dinner (at my request)..i know..it isn't really thanksgivingy to eat a boiled dinner but thanksgiving is just like any other day for us...and making a big turkey dinner is kinda a lot to do for 2 people...although usually once a year we do make a turkey dinner but we only roast a turkey breast ( no not the processed turkey crap)...holidays feel like just another day probably because Dad and I have a sunday dinner together every week....we have fun cooking together and watching football, baseball, or some old movie on tv...it's fun to be able to go HOME whenever I want to...Dad and I are alot alike and we have become alot closer in the last few years ...since I have moved to Florida..t's really cold here right now (63 degrees at night)..lol..I have been sleeping with my windows open..I am so happy that I can wear a sweatshirt for a few days a year..lmao...sorry that you are probably freezing your asses off in MA and NH....one great thing about it is that no matter how cold it gets here, the sun still shines all day...no dreary, cloudy days...well, all else is well in my little world....hope all is well in yours...happy turkey day everyone...don't eat tooooo much (yeah ok, likes that even possible)....

2 comments:

Mary S. said...

Yes we are freezing our asses off already! Do you seriuosly have the windows open? Sounds great!

That's awesome that you and your Dad spend that much time together. Crazy with a family as big as yours the holidays are that quiet for you two. Have some of your nieces and nephews visit and make it like the old days.
Congartulations about the new job!!! That is so exciting to start your new career.I would love a new career. I can't wait for the new year too. This year bit it!

Katie said...

yes we are freezing! don't rub it in!
ha ha i can't lie, i still love it!
tell me you love florida when there is floodwater up to your undies and the tornado winds blow your hair up in your grill!
new england rocks the house!